Wednesday, March 17

three things

There are three things I remember that dear man, the shallow water, your forehead that looked like mine, the way you couned things with your fingers, the way your beard grows, the way you twist my words, your front teeth, how I thought I saw you passing by. How I thought I saw you passing by with another woman. How I thought I saw you passing by with another woman. How I thought I saw you in the opposite train or platform or aeroplane. How I thought I saw you passing by in the opposite train or platform or aeroplane. I thought I saw you in the opposite train staring at someone. I thought that someone was wearing square glasses like mine. How I thought you talked to the friend of that someone wearing square glasses like mine. I thought you touched the left hand of the friend of that someone. I thought you touched her left hand and held it in yours. that someone pretended not to notice. I thought the friend of that someone wanted to hold your hand too, visit your house, look at your empty frames and find them beautiful, wait till you come back, and read your books in the meantime How she wanted to look into your wardrobe, to count your scarves and the holes in your belts, to discover if there is a pattern in the way you arrange your shirts, in the way it gets darker every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive