Friday, April 17

When I go to the theatre, I sit next to a young man. He is usually young and a man. I say hello, he stares at me. I say hello again. Then I ask him his age. He says 22, where he is from, Polland, what he does, he studies relational linguistics in Reading. Then I ask him if he is single. He says no. Then I say that I get scared in the dark. And if I could hold his hand in the dark. He says yes, I can, he hesitates. When the performance begins, I wait until the third scene, when it is a living room play, until I touch his hand. I usually touch it in the third scene, the very end of it, when it is finally dark, these things happen in the theatre. The third scene, because it is not too late or too early, you still have time to cuddle and hug if it works, and it is not so early, if it ends up being embarrassing. I do, I do an embarrassing thing every time. I ask him, after a while, if he wants to see my breasts. If he wants to touch them. He looks at me and laughs. He laughs as if he waited for it to happen. He then answers. He says no. Then we become friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive