Tuesday, June 7

in my dream my ear was in pain. It was as if you had inserted your fingertip into my ear and it was stuck there for hours, like an earphone, like a little fingertip stuck within my ear. We stayed up late drinking gin. I can talk to you forever. I hoped the night would not finish just then. Just then, with the victory of samothrace, with the third glass of gin. With the story of Ithaca inside your eyes. We talked about this and that and that. And that was it. That was my last night with you in this city I loved so deeply and for so long. Now you are going. You will be gone for a while and I will miss you deeply and for long. I will see you again, I hope you will see me. I hope I will not turn into a pumpkin or a butterfly or even worse into a fingertip stuck inside my ear during the night, when I dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive